This article comes from the wall street journal. This journal mainly talks about the total sales volume decline in January. I saw many economy scientists said the mail reason is the bad weather, but I have different ideas.
At first, it is true the the weather became a barrier for people to go out, But I don't think it is the main reason for the the sales volume decline. I think the influence of finical crisis still exist. The inflation is also exist. If the price of goods in market can be afford by people, and people might to choose buying outside. In this such bad weather, people need to buy some goods to prepare, but they don't. The reason is that they don't want to spend to much money.
Many people will say, the salary increase in recent years, and people have ability to afford the price of goods. It is true that the salary heard they higher than before. But it is just nominal salary, not real salary. Government will justify the salary according to the index of inflation, but there are also might has some mistakes. Then it will happened that people will get more money than before, but they still cannot afford the price of goods because the inflation. The salary of people need to suit the inflation of the goods.
Therefore, I think the economic scientists need to analysis the real problem and find a way to solve it.
work cites:
Growth Shows Signs of Slowdown. Wall Street Journal. U.S. News. Feb 14. 2014. Feb 17.2014http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304888404579380642249788068?mod=WSJ_economy_LeftTopHighlights&mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702304888404579380642249788068.html%3Fmod%3DWSJ_economy_LeftTopHighlights
No comments:
Post a Comment